Home \ Letter From City of Barrie
EXCITING NEWS FROM THE CITY OF BARRIE
The Purchasing Branch of the Finance Department at the City of Barrie has the responsibility to act as a professional resource in the procurement process for client departments, and to select vendors who can provide the City with best value.
The City of Barrie is committed to securing the best products and services at the most competitive prices. In order to assist us and provide our vendors with a time / cost saving mechanism to view and bid on our opportunities we will be partnering with Biddingo.com. This service will provide an opportunity for vendors to register for opportunities and allow the City to maintain an up to date vendor's list. The City of Barrie will continue to advertise all of our opportunities in the Barrie Examiner.
Biddingo.com is an online portal that connects vendors providing various goods and services to buyers from the Provincial, Municipal, Education, Crown Corporation, Housing, Construction, Healthcare and Private sectors from across Canada.
For more information about their service, please visit their website at www.biddingo.com or contact them via:
Telephone: (416) 756-0955
For more information about business opportunities with the City of Barrie please visit our website at www.barrie.ca or contact us at:
Telephone: (705) 739-4220
Effective July 23, 2009 all City of Barrie formal competitive bid opportunities will be posted on Biddingo.com and organized by commodity. This service will provide businesses with a "one stop shop" for bid opportunities available from the City of Barrie, as well as other organizations using www.biddingo.com/barrie. This service could open new markets for the goods or services you offer.
There are a number of services available free of charge. They are:
Vendor List Registration: Vendors can complete an online application to add themselves to the City of Barrie’s Vendor List by clicking on the Biddingo link provided on the City’s website.
Opportunity Alerts: Vendors can register with Biddingo to receive e-mail alerts by clicking on the Biddingo link provided on the City’s website for City of Barrie opportunities.
- Biddingo provides some key time saving services. Vendors who choose to purchase an annual subscription fee ($250/year) from Biddingo will have the ability to download unlimited bid documents direct to their computer from any buying organisation using the Biddingo service. Biddingo offers a 30 day free trial for those suppliers wishing to “kick the tires” before purchasing a subscription.
- Non-subscribers have the option to purchase and download individual bid documents from Biddingo.com.
To ensure all have access to our documents we will continue to offer documents in hardcopy. Vendors may obtain a hardcopy of the document by completing a request to have it couriered or by coming into the Finance Department at City Hall, 70 Collier Street, Barrie, Ontario. Vendors must make all necessary arrangements with the courier to pick up the package.
Note: In order to download original bid documents, receive notification of addenda by e-mail, view document takers, bid results, etc., you must be registered on www.biddingo.com/barrie.
KEY CHANGES TO THE PROCESS:
- Vendor Registration to bid on City of Barrie opportunities is mandatory. Registration can be done online Biddingo.com or in person at City Hall. All vendors who register at City Hall will be added to the document takers list by CoB, Purchasing branch. This is to ensure that all receive any addenda and that a complete Bid Document Takers list is available for all to view on Biddingo.com.
- The City will no longer fax notifications to interested vendors of new bid opportunities available.
- Vendors must use NEW submission label that will be provided in the bid document. All bids received without the label will be rejected.
- The City of Barrie will no longer maintain a Vendor’s List.
Powered by Biddingo.com