Engineering Consulting Services - Environmental Assessment
Closing Date: 02/15/2011 2:00:59 PM EST
The City of Burlington is seeking the services of a consulting firm or consortium of firms to undertake an Environmental Assessment of the City's Roads and Parks Maintenance Department (RPM) Operation Centre, located at 3330 Harvester Road. This will guide the site's usage for a 10 year horizon.
The key components of this project are as follows:
· Evaluate current RPM activities, in terms of their specific location and impact on the property;
· Make recommendations for continuing/discontinuing/modifying each activity and/or its location on the site;
· Make recommendations for appropriate site improvements required to support each activity that will continue;
· Develop appropriate phasing for the respective works above and provide a detailed engineer's cost estimate for each;
· Prepare detailed design and tender specifications for recommended works that may include the installation of a decanting area and associated site sanitary and/or storm servicing; and
· Obtain all permits and approvals for the recommended works.
The study shall be carried out in conformity with the Municipal Engineers Association, Class Environmental Assessment process. Given that the project may include recommendations for new and/or improved maintenance facilities, the study should follow Schedule B of the Class Environmental Assessment process.
The successful firm(s) will possess the requisite technical skills to manage and respond to the complex matters to be addressed throughout the project and will be required to work directly with city staff, the public, technical agencies and stakeholders in a professional manner. The firm(s), in addition to technical qualifications, must exhibit such skills as timeliness, diplomacy, tact, strong communication ability (both written and verbal) and an understanding of the municipal culture.
The consultant Project Team member(s) should possess:
- Environmental and civil engineering skills, normally acquired through the preparation of municipal studies, including those completed in compliance with the Municipal Class Schedule B Environmental Assessment process;
- A thorough understanding of Municipal Roads and Parks Maintenance Operations;
- Demonstrated community consultation and facilitation skills;
- Sufficient resources to meet the project timeline;
- Technical excellence and innovation in municipal infrastructure design and construction; and
- Supporting skills, including: land use planning, environmental sciences and geotechnical engineering.
- Proven expertise with the design and construction of municipal storm and sanitary sewer infrastructure;
- Proven expertise with Municipal Class EA and Master Planning projects;
- Proven expertise with municipal roads and parks maintenance operations.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE:
Bidders must have previously purchased this bid document and be on the corresponding Plan Takers list. This document can be obtained online or in person as detailed below:
OBTAINING THE DOCUMENT:
Bid packages are available to be downloaded from www.biddingo.com/burlington. If you subscribe to Biddingo.com you may download the bid document directly from the site. You may also opt to purchase a one-time download for this opportunity. Biddingo charges an administration fee to non subscribers.
The bid request documents are available for pick up at 390 Brant Street, 3rd Floor, Sims Square*, Finance Department-Purchasing Reception Counter, Burlington, Ontario. See Methods of Payment below.
* Located one block south of City Hall on the S.W. corner of Brant and Elgin Street
From Biddingo, $50.00 (incl. HST)
In person, at Purchasing Services - $70.00 Administration Fee (incl. HST)
METHODS OF PAYMENT:
Payment by credit card is required for documents available electronically. If picking up the document in person, the City will accept cash, cheque, Interac, MasterCard, Visa and American Express. Cheques are to be made payable to The Corporation of the City of Burlington. Documents will not be released until payment is received. The City of Burlington is not responsible for delivery delays via courier or mail.
Addenda will be posted on www.biddingo.com/burlington
N.B. It is the responsibility of the vendor to check the Biddingo Web Site for any possible addenda.
DISCLOSING BID TAKERS:
Purchasing Services practice is not to disclose the list of bid takers. There may be some exceptions, e.g. when the bid call is related to construction. However, the City reserves the right to disclose or not to disclose this information.