Home \ Letter From Town of Oakville
The Corporation of the Town of Oakville
EXCITING NEWS FROM THE TOWN OF OAKVILLE
The Purchasing Division of the Finance Department at the Town of Oakville has the responsibility to act as a professional resource in the procurement process for client departments, and to select vendors who can provide the Town with best value.
The Town of Oakville is committed to securing the best products and services at the most competitive prices. In order to assist us and provide our vendors with a time / cost saving mechanism to view and bid on our opportunities we will be partnering with Biddingo.com. This service will provide an opportunity for vendors to register for opportunities and allow the Town to maintain an up to date vendor's list.
Biddingo.com is an online portal that connects vendors providing various goods and services to buyers from the Provincial, Municipal, Education, Crown Corporation, Housing, Construction, Healthcare and Private sectors from across Canada.
For more information about their service, please visit their website at www.biddingo.com or contact them via:
Telephone: (416) 756-0955
For more information about business opportunities with the Town of Oakville please visit our website at www.oakville.ca or contact us at:
Telephone: (905) 338-4197
Effective October 13th, 2009 all Town of Oakville's formal competitive bid opportunities will be posted on Biddingo.com and organized by commodity. This service will provide businesses with a "one stop shop" for bid opportunities available from the Town of Oakville, as well as other organizations using www.biddingo.com/oakville. This service could open new markets for the goods or services you offer.
There are a number of services available free of charge. They are:
Vendor List Registration: Vendors can complete an online application to add themselves to the Town of Oakville’s Vendor List by clicking on the Biddingo link provided on the Town’s website. The Town will no longer maintain it's own Vendor List. All vendors previously registered with Oakville must now complete our new Vendor application at www.biddingo.com/oakville.
Opportunity Alerts: Vendors can register with Biddingo to receive e-mail alerts by clicking on the Biddingo link provided on the Town’s website for Town of Oakville opportunities.
- Biddingo provides some key time saving services. Vendors who choose to purchase an annual subscription fee ($250/year) from Biddingo will have the ability to download unlimited bid documents direct to their computer from any buying organisation using the Biddingo service. Biddingo offers a 30 day free trial for those suppliers wishing to “kick the tires” before purchasing a subscription.
- Non-subscribers have the option to purchase and download individual bid documents from Biddingo.com.
To ensure all have access to our documents we will continue to offer documents in hardcopy. Vendors may obtain a hardcopy of the document by completing a request to have it couriered (link found on our website) or by coming into the Purchasing Division at Town Hall, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville. Vendors must make all necessary arrangements with the courier to pick up the package.
Note: In order to download original bid documents, receive notification of addenda by e-mail, view document takers, bid results, etc., you must be registered on Biddingo.com.
KEY CHANGES TO THE PROCESS:
- Vendor Registration to bid on Town of Oakville opportunities is mandatory. Registration can be done online www.biddingo.com/oakville or in person at Town Hall. All vendors who register at Town Hall will be added to the document takers list by Town Staff from the Purchasing Division. This is to ensure that all receive any addenda and that a complete Bid Document Takers list is available for all to view on Biddingo.com.
- The Town will no longer fax notifications to interested vendors of new bid opportunities available.
- The Town of Oakville will no longer maintain a Bidder's List.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Kim Dooling, CPPB
Purchasing and Risk Management