Home \ Letter From WCDSB
Waterloo Catholic District School Board, Purchasing Services is responsible for co-ordinating the acquisition of goods and services at the best value.
In order to assist the Board and provide our vendors with a time and cost saving mechanism to view and bid on our opportunities, we are partnering with an electronic tendering service. Biddingo is an online portal that connects vendors providing various goods and services to buyers from the provincial, municipal, education, crown corporation, housing, construction, healthcare and private sectors from across Canada. Biddingo will provide an opportunity for vendors to register for opportunities, and allow the Waterloo Catholic District School Board to maintain an up-to-date vendor list.
Effective April 1, 2010, all Waterloo Catholic District School Board formal competitive bid opportunities will be advertised and/or posted solely on Biddingo.com. This service will provide businesses with information regarding bid opportunities available from the Waterloo Catholic District School Board, as well as other organizations using Biddingo for tendering. This service could open new markets for the goods or services your company offers.
There are a number of services available free of charge.
- Vendor List Registration: Vendors can complete an online application to add themselves to the Waterloo Catholic District School Board’s Vendor List by clicking on the Biddingo link provided on the WCDSB website http://www.wcdsb.ca or by visiting http://www.biddingo.com/wcdsb. Once the registration is reviewed and approved, your company will be added to the WCDSB vendor list.
- Opportunity Alerts: Vendors can register with Biddingo to receive e-mail alerts by clicking on the Biddingo link http://www.biddingo.com.
Biddingo provides some key time-saving services. Vendors who choose to purchase an annual subscription (currently $250/year) from Biddingo will have the ability to download unlimited bid documents directly to their computer from any organization using the Biddingo service. Biddingo offers a 30 day free trial for those suppliers wishing to evaluate the program before purchasing a subscription.
Non-subscribers have the option to purchase individual bid documents from Biddingo.com.
Note:In order to download original bid documents, receive notification of addenda by e-mail, view document takers, bid results, etc., you must be a subscriber and registered on Biddingo.com.
KEY CHANGES TO THE BID PROCESS
- It is mandatory for vendors to register online at http://www.biddingo.com/wcdsb. Vendor registrations are subject to review and approval. Approved vendors will be eligible to receive bid notifications and automated email alerts from the Biddingo service.
- Effective April 1, 2010, the Waterloo Catholic District School Board will advertise all bid opportunities exclusively on the Biddingo service.
- The Waterloo Catholic District School Board will no longer maintain a vendor’s list.
For more information about the services offered by Biddingo, please visit their website at www.biddingo.com or contact them via:
For more information about business opportunities with the Waterloo Catholic District School Board please visit our website at www.wcdsb.ca or contact us at:
Telephone: (416) 756-0955
Telephone: (519 578-3660 (extension 2323)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the undersigned.
Jeffrey R. Admans
Manager of Purchasing